Kirjoittaja Aihe: Christoper Christianin artikkeli The Piano Teacher -elokuvasta  (Luettu 1595 kertaa)

Mr Birch

• V.I.P.
  • Testi näyttää, että on aika häipyä (82 % vanilla)
  • Galleria
Christian, Christopher. The piano teacher: A case study in perversion and sadomasochism. The Psychoanalytic Review 96.5 (2009): 769-784.

Ote artikkelin alusta (2. kappale):

"In this paper, I propose a way of understanding the type of female perversions illustrated in The Piano Teacher. My main thesis is that in certain cases where a father, by virtue of his absence or his character, has not facilitated the daughter's differentiation and separation  from an all-engulfing mother, the child attempts to differentiate from the mother by becoming the father,  assuming the father's role vis-à-vis the mother, and embracing the realm of the paternal symbolic order.

Unable to use the father as an anchor that allows her to extricate herself from her mother, the daughter constructs a symbolic phallic realm that becomes an exaggerated version of the father, and of what it means to be male. She develops a caricature of masculinity and incorporates into her simulacrum violence, cruelty, penetration,oppression, voyeurism, sadism, perversion, and a state of confusion in relation to the female gender and female genitalia.

Embodying the father gratifies symbiotic wishes for merger with the mother, whereby the daughter attempts to gain access into the mother's body as a male substitute, while it simultaneously serves as a drastic attempt at separation from the archaic mother through an identification with the paternal realm that staves off further regressionand psychosis. I suggest that these dynamics are thrown into sharp relief by The Piano Teacher and may be fundamental in some types of female perversions."

Adele

• Vieras
Katsoin tämän elokuvan eilen. Todella hyvä leffa, mutta jäätävän ahdistava. Päähenkilön äitisuhde sai katsojan kiemurtelemaan epämukavuudesta jo ensi minuuttien aikana, ja samoin päähenkilön kireä ja räjähdysvalmis olemus tukahdettujen tarpeiden ja elämältä kieltäytymisen takia. Huh! Jäi pyörimään päässä.